Well there is nothing like falling down the stairs to stop you from doing all the things you want to do! Today was a great day. Brody took an extra long nap, we were talking, and going down the stairs. Somehow, my foot turned, I missed a step, I don't know... and we went down.. about 4-5 steps to the bottom. I heard a crack, but continued to press on my foot as Brody was falling and I caught him by his legs! He had a little fall, but was fine. I though was in instant pain. It hurts worse than when I fractured it two years ago. I can't wiggle my toes, or move it at all, let alone put pressure on it.
I called Ryan who got home in less than 10 minutes. He loaded the diaper bag and we were off to see his childhood doctor downtown. I don't have health insurance (darn cholesterol!), but he knew his doctor friend would take care of me. He was great! We got X-rays, exam, crutches, and a brace for $150 total!! Oh, and he threw in 8 months worth of my cholesterol medicine (which costs $150/month). So that was awesome in itself.
The good news is.. I did not break it. He said that he believes the tendon snapped (or definitely pulled) and I'll have to wear the brace and stay off of it.
SO.. now I am on crutches. Can't put pressure on my foot for at least 2 weeks, then slowly put pressure on it while still using the crutches. How am I suppose to hold a baby, load him in my car, or heck, go anywhere? I hate being cooped up! It shall be an interesting couple of weeks. Luckily Mimi has a friend that we can borrow her wheelchair so I am not hobbling around Opening Ceremonies this weekend for Baseball. I can't imagine walking from the parking area to the fields on crutches!
The funny thing is, I fractured this same foot 6 weeks prior to our wedding and was wearing a boot (brace) up in till our wedding day (took it off in the parking lot of the beach so I could walk down the sandy aisle). So now, I do this 5 weeks prior to our Disney trip! UGH! I'll rent a motorized wheel chair if need be while there. ha!
Stay tuned... we have lots planned the next couple of weeks, it shall be interesting!
No comments:
Post a Comment