Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter Craft

I decided that I would try and Easter craft with Dylan and Addison that I have always wanted to do.  Not being in the classroom this year, I miss all the crafts we do around holidays.  Since this is one project I would never attempt with 22 kids, I thought it would be perfect for just 2. 

So, I will continue to post pics until we are done.  This particular project takes a couple of days as you have to let it dry in between stages. 

Step 1:  Coat balloon with white paper.  I decided against making paper mache glue.  I used Mod Podge instead. 


Step 2:  Start a layer of tissue paper.  We used bigger pieces at this stage as it was easier.  Then we used smaller pieces on the top layer.


Stage 3:  Do a layer all over of glue.  Let Dry.  Use a needle to pop the balloon and then cut a hole.  You will hear a very cool noise as the balloon separates from the paper.  The kids loved it!




Stage 4: Decorate the inside with easter grass, peeps, or "EGGS!" as Addison said.  Here is a pic of when we started to fill it.   Didn't get a shot with the peeps and eggs in it.    Tied a bow on top for easy carrying and made a paper loop stand. 



No comments:

Post a Comment