Tuesday, April 27, 2010
First steps!
Not Brody's.. mine! After 5 LONG weeks, I am able to walk (kinda) without the crutches. I've been trying SO hard the past few days to walk and it hasn't been happening. Tonight, I put down the crutches (as I believe they really are a crutch) and attempted walking without holding Ryan's hand or holding anything. It took me awhile, but OMG I was able to walk across our bedroom. Then, Ryan hands Brody to me. I was like "your joking". He said I could do it. It was extra hard as he added an extra 20lbs to my step but I did it! All 4 steps to his crib. Ha ha. I then walked out of our bedroom and into the gameroom to the computer. I had this huge smile on my face. I do have a HUGE limp in my walk and it hurts some but I don't care! I have 3 days until we leave on our trip and my goal is to be without crutches. Or at least dependent on them. I'm still renting the scooter to get around Disney, but not hauling those crutches around would be a dream right now. Its the little things in life that matters. Right now learning to walk again is on top of my list!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment