Thursday, July 22, 2010
More Hamsters...
I hear Dylan yell.. "MOM, my hamster just had babies!!" I can guarantee you that I didn't run in the house very happy. We were suppose to have two same sexed hamsters! I called Polly's Pet Shop right away and asked what to do. They said to seperate the male and female right away. This was easy to tell as the female was nursing them. She had them in the wheel. He said to keep them separated for 3 weeks so I guess we are going to go buy another cage. Then when the babies are 5-6 weeks old to call them and they will take them for us (and give us store credit which is nice!). Of course Dylan is thrilled and I'm sure Addison will be too once she wakes from her nap. I guess its a good learning experience to watch them grow. They are so gross looking right now. Oh.. she had FIVE babies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think I would have LOST it if our hamster had babies. I'm struggling to take care of the one we have (after all, it is mine right? NOT) Still trying to figure out how I get stuck taking care of it, feeding it, keeping it's cage cleaned.....Oh well! At least you will be able to give them to the pet store and not have to either keep them or find homes for them.
ReplyDeleteAlthough, I'm sure that Dylan was excited....Have fun!!!
Ha! It is a fun learning experience for them. I even enjoy watching the mom taking care of her babies. Though I agree with you on taking care of them. They are SO messy and I am the on to keep cleaning the counter off since they can't seem to keep their bedding inside! At least Dylan is paying for their upkeep. I even had him buy another cage ($20) since we had to seperate them.
ReplyDelete