Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tear Duct Surgery

Brody did great today!  It was a long day though.  We were suppose to be seen at 9am, but didn't get taken back to the room till after 930am.  Then we spent another hour in the pre-surgery room.  Towards the end of that hour they gave Brody at kiddy cocktail to calm his nerves.  It made him totally hyper and bouncing off the walls, to slow moving saying "whoa..".  It was funny to watch how quickly it worked!  When it was time, I laid him on the bed, put his blankie over him and he smiled at both Ryan and I as he was wheeled off.  That stuff sure does work! 

We went back to the waiting room for about 45 minutes and got called back saying it was all over.  He was quite restless and not happy to be with the nurses as he started to wake back up.  We are not sure if he was actually awake but he sure was thrashing around and being loud.  I couldn't hold him in the bed and daddy had to come lay in the bed with him.  He then fell asleep on his shoulder.  We had to stay there for about another hour and finally we were told to get him dressed.  He started to wake up then.  He still wanted daddy (he's a daddy's boy!) so I went to get the car while they wheelchaired Ryan and Brody to the front. 

At this point we were starving!  We left the house around 7am and had not eaten.  Since Brody couldn't eat or drink we avoided this so he didn't ask for anything.  It was now 1pm with no breakfast or lunch.  Brody just wanted his juice.  Silly parents we are.. we went to Alamo Cafe for lunch.  After the hostess showed us our table, Brody puked all over me, the floor, and the bench seat.  I don't think anyone saw.  Ryan and I were both like "crap.. we can't eat now!".  We were SO hungry!  Ryan still wanted to stay but I convinced him to leave in case he had more coming!  We called ahead for some take out at Chesters hamburgers on the way home instead! lol.  Brody still didn't want to eat anything.  Keeping him on the B.R.A.T diet for now.  I finally got him to fall asleep with me around 4pm and he's still sleeping now at almost 8pm.  Hopefully he'll sleep tonight too! 

We are hoping the surgery was a success but won't know for a couple of weeks.  In the meantime, we have to put eyedrops in each eye 3 times a day and nose spray once a day for a week.  I'm sure each and every time we do that it will be so much fun. ha!

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers (and phone calls/texts I got today!).

No comments:

Post a Comment