Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Car crash

This week, I had switched cars with my mom as we have Addison and my car doesn't hold three kids in the back.  My mom was headed to our house around 7:45am as she signed Dylan up for Golf camp on the Air Force Base.  I hadn't woken Dylan up since it was raining and I assumed the camp was cancelled.  She called me at 7:45 and I thought she was outside until I could hear in her voice that something was wrong.  She said she was just in a wreck!  I immediately tried to get ahold of Ryan but couldn't.  I then woke Dylan and told him to watch Addison (who was still asleep), then called my neighbor and asked her to watch Brody.  So I ran Brody over to her house.  When I got to the scene, there was firetrucks, ambulances, and police cars.  I could see the semi-truck and the other cars involved.  I gave my mom a hug and am very grateful she is ok!  It could of been a lot worse!  Nobody got injured amazingly!  She is a little sore and noticed a bruise on her knee.  I am assuming she'll feel even more sore in the coming days. 

She was 3rd in line waiting for the turn light.  A semi-truck was coming from the opposite direction and when his light turned to red he tried to stop but couldn't with the wet pavement.  He tried to avoid the cars and just skimmed the first car in line, but totalled the 2nd and 3rd (my car). 

In a way we were happy she wasn't in the van that I am driving right now.  She just bought a new Honda Odyssey that she will get on June 30th and I am getting her current Odyssey.  We were putting my Accord up for sale in less than 2 weeks!  The good news is that I have full coverage on it so we'll see what happens once the adjuster comes. 

Update: Adjuster called... car is a total loss.  yay!  We are getting more than what we were planning on selling it for!  Guess when your car is all banged up they don't have to look closer to know it needed a timing belt, new tires, and new brakes.  ha!  Plus I didn't want to have to try and sell a car that had major collision repairs. 

I love you mom more than you can imagine!  I am so thankful you are ok!

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, what a wreck - it is a blessing that she's okay!

    ReplyDelete