Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Prayers for a Friend
Please continue prayers for my friend Elaine. She lost her baby boy at 38 weeks. She found out today the reason. The doctors (and hospital) missed the ball on diagnosing her with pre-eclampsia. Even though she told them many times that she wasn't feeling good and that her blood pressure was high for her. She is incredibly pissed off and so I am. When I was pregnant with Brody, I wasn't feeling good at my 36 week appt. My blood pressure was higher than normal and my doctor sent me to labor and delivery for more tests. After a couple days of tests, it was determined I was pre-eclampsic. Her next move was to make sure Brody was ok, so I had an amnio, and then induced the next morning. He was 4 weeks early but healthy. There is an urgency to get your baby out with pre-eclampsia!! I hate that her doctors dropped the ball. She should be bringing Collin to all our summer playdates but can't! I am happy she finally has an answer to what caused his death, but so angry that it was something that could of been prevented!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment