Monday, July 4, 2011

New Room!

Ryan and I got to talking about how important we thought it was to add another bedroom to our house.  With Addison's last visit with us which was for 2 weeks, I noticed how she was really protective of her things and wanting some privacy in "her" room.  She was hiding her toys in her dresser, etc.  The problem is, her room is actually our game room/computer room.  So Brody and Dylan are used to playing in there all the time.  Its hard for them to realize when Addison is there that its now "her" room and not a gameroom. 

So we started brainstorming ideas on how to make the gameroom a real bedroom.  Ryan planned it out and I jokingly said "you going to the store to get some stuff" and he said "i am".  I was shocked but thrilled!  I didn't think we would go thru with it so quickly!  So while he was at the store, I started moving the computer stuff and files out.  We moved our big ol' computer desk into our bedroom. 

The plan is to move Brody into this new room (it will be the biggest kids room) and Addison will get Brody's room.  Addison could stay put, but with her only spending the night maybe 80 days out of the whole year, I thought Dylan or Brody should get the bigger room.  Though Dylan has a huge hunting mural in his room and Ryan said he's not moving! lol.  So I'll be working hard on Addison's new room this week painting it the color she said she wants her room.  She comes to stay with us again on Friday so there is lots to do! 

Here is a sneak peek... I am going to try and not post pictures till he's done!  He's done a lot more than this already in the pics but this is all I'll share for now!



Before and in-progress pics.  The bottom right pic is of me standing inside the room taking a pic of the walk-in closet.
 
Oh how I will miss this room!  I love love love Brody's room!  Though I am sure we can make his new room equally or even better than this one!  We will keep the beadboard up for Addison's room which is one of my favorite parts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment