Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Our New Pig!


Meet our new pig "Ms. Piggy" as Dylan has named her.  This is Dylan's first attempt at raising and showing a pig.  We are all very excited!  We went to pick up the pig at a friend of Ryan's named Rory.  This guy is well known for having champion pigs.  He hand picked Dylan's and knows she'll be a champion.  So much so, Rory wants the pig back if possible after we go to show so he can breed her and keep her genetics going.

This is going to be a HUGE responsibility for Dylan (as well as Ryan and I).  Dylan needs to feed it daily, clean its pen several times a week and give it baths to start off.  Luckily, Ryan knew someone who could get us into the school districts Ag barn.  We have a great pen, they will give it medicine if needed, and most importantly Dylan will be around other kids going thru the same thing and learning this big responsibility! Dylan is so excited about this!  I hope his enthusiasm continues for the next 3 months!  I know mine will probably taper off after a few weeks of driving there daily, but then I'll get excited again come "show time"!   

No comments:

Post a Comment