Thursday, September 1, 2011

Rest in Peace Dillard

Our next door neighbor Dillard lost his battle to cancer tonight.  I saw the police car there and Ryan said he was probably there to do official time of death.  Just 3 weeks ago, the kids and I were sitting in his living room having a conversation with him and his wife. He went downhill so quickly!  He is a sweet man who I know will be greatly missed. 

His daughter asked if I wanted to come in to say my condolences to his wife Mrytle and my goodbyes to Dillard but Ryan is out of town and I can't take the kids in there.  She thanked us for watching over her parents and mentioned how her dad just loved watching our dog while we were in Colorado.  Its the little things you take for granted.  He is now out of pain and in a better place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment