SO... my doctor called me today. I didn't pass my 3 hour test and have been diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes. I was hoping no news was good news but I was wrong. I failed it quite badly too which isn't good! She didn't call me right away as she was waiting to hear from the specialist as my first step is attending a diabetes class at his office. I get to learn all about the foods I have to eat the next several weeks (no chocolate cake!!). Fun times!
The good news is... I am already seeing my doctor every 2 weeks and now I'll be seeing the specialist every Monday for ultrasounds and every Weds to download my glucose meter (not excited about sticking my finger several times a day!). I think the month of June will fly by with all these appts, camps, swim lessons, family in town ,etc. For July... It will be hot and I am not going anywhere unless there is a playdate at the pool!
No comments:
Post a Comment