I went to a 4 hour diabetes class to learn about all the foods I can eat and how to stick my finger! I was very bummed though as it was held on Dylan's last day of school. It wasn't just any last day, it was his LAST day of Elementary school! I was quite emotional that morning. My doctor insisted I attended this class on this particular day though.
So basically I learned that I can't eat much! Of course nothing fried or high in fat. In fact, I can only eat 5 grams of fat for each breakfast, lunch and dinner! Talk about hard!! I will be talking to the nurse next week about this. Then I have basically 30 carbs for lunch and almost 80 for dinner (combining meats, starches, and veggies). I am hungry all the time and have been feeling weak. I can eat veggies whenever and salads but even after a few days they are getting old! I have learned that frozen meals are my friend and I'll probably be eating a variety of Smart Ones and Lean Cuisines as they fit into my correct numbers.
So for my record keeping, this is my schedule for me to always remember! My phone has so many alarms set on it right now to help me out!
8am- Wake up and Test
8:30pm- Breakfast
10:30am- Test
11am- Snack
1:30pm- Lunch
3:30pm- Test
4pm- Snack
6:30pm-Dinner
8:30pm- Test
11pm- Snack
And my little black tote that has to be carried with me wherever I go...
No comments:
Post a Comment