I had two appointments already this week. The first one with the specialist was not ok in my book. I had around 3 (maybe 4) really high blood sugar numbers this past week. They were all from eating food out. So essentially I messed up even though I tried to chose grilled, healthy items. He wanted to start me on insulin but the lady who sets me up on that wasn't there. So he decided to give me these pills and I thought I was in the clear. BUT... Dr. Harden (my regular OB) called me this evening and said she doesn't want me taking the pills and that I will start the insulin on Thursday. UGH! I hate just pricking me finger several times a day, I can't imagine giving myself a shot 3 times a day!!
My second appt. was with Dr. Harden. It was a LONG appt. as she got called off to 2 deliveries and I was on the NST machine for a long time as I waited for her. I told her I still was feeling like he was going to fall out of me. She checked me and looked up at me and said "his head is right there and you are 80% effaced". She then gave me the lecture of what to expect for when (and if) I go into labor, to make sure my bags are packed and stay off my feet as much as possible as we are trying to get to 37 weeks. She said that she will not stop labor though if I go earlier and won't do an amnio at this point either. So stay tuned...

No comments:
Post a Comment