| Last picture of him in my tummy! |
We woke up bright and early. 4am to be exact. My induction started at 5:30am.
When we got the hospital everything started very quickly. They sent me straight upstairs and Ryan to admitting. By the time Ryan got up there from Admitting, I had already changed in my gown, and gotten my IV and blood work drawn. At my first check, I was dilated to 1.5cm.
Contractions started to pick up with the Pitocin. The epidural guy came in and told me I may not be able to get one as my liver function tests were high (from the Cholestasis) and he did things more cautiously. So obviously I started freaking out! At around 9:30am, Dr. Harden came in to check me. The nurse had already talked to her about my concern with not getting an epidural so the first words when she walked into my room were "I'm here to break you water and you WILL be getting an epidural". I was so happy I could cry! I was at 2.5cm dilated and she then broke my water.
Around 10:30am, I got the epidural. I was quite happy at that point. My mom was on the way to the hospital with the kids. I am glad she came when they did (I originally told her to come after lunch as my previous 2 inductions I didn't deliver to late afternoon). The kids then got up come up to the room. By the look on their faces, you could tell they were a little scared by seeing all the machines and me in the bed but they got better real quick. Around noon, I was getting tired and just wanted to sleep. So they went down to the cafeteria to get lunch. I said goodbye to them as they were going to go to the waiting room after that so I could rest...little did we know what was going to be happening so soon afterwards!
No comments:
Post a Comment