After lots of frustrations with feeding Landon, I finally went to see his doctor today. He was getting breastmilk supplemented with formula since birth. After my last doctors visit, I was told to pump and dump as I couldn't breastfeed while taking this one medication. So with my pump being due back to the hospital it was time to throw in the towel and take on formula 100%. I am quite happy now with that decision.
Though formula hasn't agreed well with Landon as he cries alot from the gas he gets from it. His doctor today said he's has Colic and it usually shows up around 3-4 weeks of age which is where we are at. So we have switched formula's to Enfamil Gentlease and was told to give him Chamomile Tea each night as it significantly helps with the crying and gas. So we'll see!!
The directions for the tea:
Seep 1-2 tea bag in 6oz of boiling water for 10 min.
Add 2 teaspoons of sugar
Cool to room temperature
Give 2oz in a bottle 1 hour prior to his main fussy time (which would be around 5pm)
Give once a day and should see full results within a week (I hope!)
On a side note: Landon weighed 8lbs 4oz (4 weeks old!)
No comments:
Post a Comment