Sunday, August 18, 2013

Capulin Volcano

On our drive to Colorado, I decided we needed to stop at Capulin Volcano.  We have always driven by it and I thought since we were making good time it would be fun to stop!  The kids loved it.  We waited our turn and drove up the windy hill.  Up at the top in a small parking lot.  We started to hike up to the top but Dylan and I stopped midway.  For one, I had sandals on and two, Dylan really wanted to go down into the middle where all the big rocks were.  Ryan took 2 kiddo's and got some beautiful pictures of being way up high!  Once down, a park ranger explained the different kinds of lava rocks.  Then we loaded back up and started back to Colorado!


They are started to head back down after making it to the top!

Learning about lava rocks.  Look at that view!

If you can see that speck of red.. thats Dylan!  He went down by himself to check out the center of the volcano. 

Landon and I hung out in the parking lot.  If you look at the tall hill behind me... that is where Ryan, Addison and Brody were walking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment