It was a relaxing weekend and my first weekend alone without kiddo's in a LONG time. Thank you Mimi for watching both boys!! I was able to take a long nap and read some in between hunts. Dylan had a baseball game back home, and I wanted to make sure the camp house was "ok" for Brody. We set off bug bombs and hopefully it got all the spiders and scorpions!
We did have some excitement at the ranch. As we were ending our Sat. morning hunt, I turned to put my blanket in the backpack. While I was doing this, Ryan was unloading the shotgun. Next thing I know, there was this HUGE noise, I lowered my head, looked over at Ryan who also had his head down and for about 15 seconds or so thought to myself "am I shot!" then asked Ryan if he was shot. Dust was all over the place! When we both realized we were ok.. I started to cry and tremble like crazy! Oh my gosh, it was the loudest noise ever! Somehow, the gun went off while he was unloading and blew a hole thru the roof of the blind. Our ears were still hurting some the next day. I can't say I have ever been more scared in my life, and I definitely have never seen Ryan as shocked as he was.
Ryan has always been super strict on gun safety. Accident or no accident, it was definitely a learning experience we both won't ever forget.
Sunrise on opening day
The biggest buck I saw this weekend.
Pretty picture of a yellow bird
No comments:
Post a Comment