Monday, December 13, 2010

Ranch Weekend

We went again this weekend down to the ranch.  We had a couple extra visitors this time.  Ryan's old friend Mikey came with his son Corey, and our friend Justin was there.

 Dylan got his very first hog and was even more excited when he found out that he got a "named" hog.  He got the hog that was named Tripod as he only had 3 legs!  I got one of the cull bucks on the hit list which was named Sandrake. 

Funny Story (well not so funny at the time!):
After the Sat. evening hunt, we all got out of the deer blind.  Ryan put his gun and backpack by my buck and we went on our hike to get the truck.  I said at that time "your leaving the gun!".  He said it would be fine, but I always like the gun along just in case a creature comes out on our walk.  So, we walked backed the truck.  Ryan and Dylan were a little bit ahead of Addison and I.  We could hear coyotes barking near by which always makes the walk in the dark fun.  ;-(  .  We rounded the corner and I could see that Ryan hit the unlock button on his truck (they were still a little bit ahead of us) as his lights go on when he does this.  Well apparently he was a little blinded by those taillights on and as they approached the truck, they heard growling.  Then this creature growled more as it appeared from the truck bed.  Ryan screamed like I had never heard him scream (as did Dylan) and all I heard was "Oh my god, what is it!!!!... what it is!!!".  I totally freaked and started to turn around (though I didn't know where to go!), and then I heard laughing.  Ryan's cousin Duane pulled a total Chupacabra on Ryan and Dylan.  Duane's truck was parked nearby and he thought he would have some fun with us.  He totally got us!  Maybe it was a good thing the gun wasn't along!

My buck

Dylan was digging holes and planting things, Addison climbing into the highblind, and Brody playing with something he shouldn't be!

No comments:

Post a Comment