Ok.. I might as well put this story on here to give everyone a laugh. I know my husband, mom, and son all have laughed! Ryan says all his co-workers thought it was funny too. ha ha.
My not so SmartPhone has been switching to London time! Its done it a couple of times now. Last night, I when I went to bed I checked the time on my phone. It said 11pm. We don't have an actual alarm clock in our room. Brody would either pull the plug on it or hide a battery one so we have just been relying on our phones lately. Then, my alarm went off at 530am. I was super tired already from my first day teaching kindergarten so I was a little groggy. I just felt soooo tired! While I was waiting for my shower to get warm I was skimming thru emails. Most of the junk mail ones that came in around 4am, 5am. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I got dressed, did my makeup/hair, made my lunch, let the dog out and then left for work around 630am.
I noticed driving on our main roadway there wasn't a lot of cars and thought that was wierd. It wasn't till I got to the highway that I thought it was really strange! Hardly any cars were on the highway at 640am. I backed up, then turned around and parked on the side of the road. I started looking at my phone and thought "it wouldn't of done it again" and sure enough.. it switched to London time AGAIN during the night on its own! So..what time was it really.. 1:40am! Yep, I had showered, gotten ready for the day, etc and it was 1:40am. I was so pissed off. I got back home and went to sleep to only wake up a little while later.
I called Sprint tonight to ask them about it and they said it has been happening to a lot of people. Though they just heard of switching maybe 1 or 2 time zones, not across the ocean! My sister has the same phone with Sprint and hers has switched to Mountain time (1 time zone off). Its just weird, and not good when we rely so much on them!
That is just crazy! I think I'd be quite upset too.
ReplyDeleteThis is cracking me up!
ReplyDeleteI know.. lots of people have laughed about it! My husband told everyone at work too. Apparently its called the Time Zone bug and its not really fixable. Its been almost a week and it hasn't done it again so we'll see!
ReplyDelete