We had Addison for a whole week during Thanksgiving. She's been really wanting to learn how to ride her bike but there is never enough time with her short visits. So I was determined to practiced this week. I told her that we were going to practice every day this week till she got it. Well, the first two days were quite discouraging. LOTS of falls and she kept putting her feet down almost hurting herself and me as I pushed her. On the 3rd day, she didn't want to practice. I told her she would never learn unless we kept trying. She hesitantly said "ok". I'm glad we practiced because she had less and less falls. The 4th day she was going quite a few sidewalk squares away from me but would stop before a tree or other obstruction. Her 5th day at the ranch, she took off! There were no obstructions to get in her way. I'm so proud to say that I am the one her taught her and in only 5 short days! She went from what seemed like hopeless to riding all over the ranch up and down hills! She is so very excited that she can do this now. She continued to ride her bike every waking moment while down at the ranch.
No comments:
Post a Comment