Monday, December 5, 2011

A New Tradition Begins...

Dylan came home from school the other day talking about this Elf that comes to visit.  A couple boys in his class were talking about how their Elf came to visit.  Dylan thought it was so neat.  So I called up one of those boys moms to discuss this Elf.  I have heard of it before but didn't think starting a new tradition at this point was a good thing.   My friend encouraged me to "ask for it" saying this is probably the last year for him to "believe" and to make it as magical as possible.  SO... I sent a request in to Santa and the next day, we had our Elf come to visit!



Our Elf came with a great book that tells us all the rules!  The first rule is to give him a name.  Dylan chose "Jingles".  The 2nd rule was that Dylan may never touch the Elf.  If he does, the Elf will lose some of his magic.

The Elf then tells us in the story that each night, he flies back to the North Pole to give Santa a report if the kids have been naughty or nice.  Then the Elf returns the next morning and will be in a different spot.  The Elf likes the kids to have to find him so its a fun game each morning!  The Elf will also take Christmas lists and any other notes directly to Santa.  Pretty cool, I think!  Below is our special Elf.. Jingles.

2 comments:

  1. The kids each have elfs...they love them! There is a new Elf movie too. It's going to be on tv his Friday (check the tv guide...I think it is on ABC, NBC or CBS at 7 or 8.) I'm DVRing it to decide if I should buy the dvd too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up!! I'll set my dvr as well. I can't imagine having more than 1 elf. Our elf has to set a reminder on his phone to remember to move each night!

    ReplyDelete