Thursday, December 8, 2011

Scary Night!

Ryan and I both woke up at the same time.  We were both sniffing and then he jumped out of bed and said "I smell smoke!".  We both ran around the house looking .   I opened Dylan's bedroom door and the smell was really bad and we could see Brody's room was all smoky.  We then saw smoke coming out of the air vents.  Ryan went to check the heater which said "auxillary heat".  We are not sure why it was on that.  He is thinking the coils/wires had dust on them and started to burn.  So he turned the system off.  I was ready to call 911 but he wouldn't let me. ;-(

We moved Dylan into our bed (Brody was already there) and I got dressed (was too nervous) and went downstairs to watch tv.  It was 330am!  Luckily I had some of my favorite shows dvr'd and watched tv till everyone started getting up.  I froze though as I opened up the windows to air out the house and it dipped into the 20's tonight.  

Update....  Electrician came.  Our heat panel burned and I guess some insulation was touching it when the wires got hot.  Luckily it wasn't worse than what it was!  $400 later and we have heat again!  I love when these things happen around say... Christmas.  ;-(

No comments:

Post a Comment