Dylan's ORFF Ensemble performed down at the Alamo. He's been waiting for this field trip for awhile now. It was a very rainy (80% chance of rain) and cold day but that didn't stop them from going downtown. His music teacher had told us that if they pull up to the Alamo and it wasn't raining then they would perform. Luckily, the rain stopped for the hour we were there!
I scored a parking place right around the entrance at a metered slot. My friends were jealous as I only had to pay $1.00 compared to their $10 for parking! The busses were parked behind me so I watched to see if they would unload in which they did! All the kids got off the bus carrying the large instruments that were wrapped with clear garbage bags to protect them. While they were setting up, I took Dylan for a pic in front of the Alamo...
Then they started to perform. They sounded AWESOME and did such a great job! I'm so proud of him! Despite being super cold and not being able to feel his fingers.... he always had a smile on his face!
No comments:
Post a Comment