Monday, March 5, 2012

The "Big" Ultrasound

After have lots of anxiety for this appt... it finally came.  We ultimately were praying for a healthy baby and I'll admit I was wishing for a girl (really badly!)...  we came to find out that we are having another BOY!  While I did bawl my eyes out while the tech was trying to finish the ultrasound, I am getting better.  We have basically known since our 14 week ultrasound that it was a boy and as Ryan said we saw "it" better at that ultrasound than this one.  We were still hopeful.  It was starting to look like a girl till she paused the screen and said "well.. its a boy".  I am excited that Brody will have a sibling so close in age and of the same sex.  Especially since they will share a room! I think it will be great for him.  Dylan is beyond thrilled as he wanted another brother.

Not the best picture... but yep.. its a boy!
 Turns out he is perfectly healthy and the doctor saw no markers and wasn't concerned.  My placenta though is lying right by the opening of my cervix (I think thats what he said).  They want it at least 3cm from that opening and mine is right around 1cm.  I'll have another ultrasound around 24 weeks (darn, huh!) to see if its moved up.  I asked what the worst case was with this and he said I would have a c-section.  So I am praying that doesn't happen but its a wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment