6lb, 1 oz
20 Inches Long!
Around 12:45pm, the nurse checks me. I was 7cm dilated and she said I was going quick. She called Dr. Harden but she was on a errand and wouldn't be back till 1pm. So the on-call doctor was waiting down the hall. I said to my nurse "we should be good right, he can't come in 15 minutes since I'm still at a 7". She said "he's coming fast, but I think we'll be ok". At this point I was anxiously waiting for Ryan to come back into the room as he went down to the cafeteria to see the kids. My phone was charging on the window sill so I couldn't call him. He walked back in around 1pm though! I told him to call my mom and make sure they didn't head back up to the room!
It was close to 1:10pm and she checked me again. She said "he's +3 station, your ready". She called for the on-call doctor and I said "please call Dr. Harden". She did and Dr. Harden was there in like 2 minutes! Whew! They set everything up really quickly and a little after 1:15pm I started to push. After my first push, I coughed. Dr. Harden said "do that again", so I coughed again and pushed one more time and he was out! It was around 7 minutes of pushing. He was born officially at 1:25pm!
I was able to hold him right away but then he needed to go under the warmers as his temp was low. It took a LONG time for his temp to rise, so therefore everyone in the waiting room had to patiently wait to see him. I think it was close to 4pm when we asked if the kids could come see him and they said that was ok, but nobody was to hold him yet. Mimi, Papa, Oma, and Grandpa Badbob got to come see him too!
Congratulations! I loved seeing all the pictures, he is so cute!
ReplyDelete